Re: [NTLK] Newton Arrived, problems...

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Jun 23 2004 - 13:28:39 PDT

Jared Bland wrote:
Wed, 23 Jun 2004 16:15:20 -0400

>Was my ability to make a cell phone ring with my Newton an anomaly
>then? I was able to hear voice, just not very well...

This is called being able to dial out only (Great that it worked)
But from there on as the other poster mention it is not a current feature...

>Can I install an ethernet card and have it work without specialized
>drivers I need to download?
>If so, I can then transfer wireless drivers onto the Newton and use a
>WiFi card with it.

No, to my recollection you still need to install the correct drivers.
Look on www.unna.org: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/InterNet
Here they have the links to the wired and wireless information..

Here is the NTLK Loaner Card post. They can help you get started without
buying the dongle and jump straight to wired or wireless...make sure you get
all youir hardware ready though before you do this...
http://www.newtontalk.net/archive/newtontalk.2004-04/1232.html