Re: [NTLK] [ANN] LPR Driver 1.0

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Sun May 09 2004 - 00:42:13 PDT

Aux environs du 9/05/04 à 0:27 -0700, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK] [ANN]
LPR Driver 1.0", Martin Joseph prit sa plus belle plume pour écrire
les mots suivants:
>On May 8, 2004, at 11:46 PM, Paul Guyot wrote:
><snip>
>> Anyone else experienced problems or success with this new driver? Or
>> does it only work here?
>Here I get a "Newton is unable to print" message. This appears to be
>after the connection has occurred.

This means that the printer returned an error or that some other
problem occurred.

If you're trying to connect to a CUPS printer, then you need to
spool, otherwise the server will return an error.

But did you see the Choose LPR Printer item on the contrary to James
in the popup?

>If I turn on the spool option I get a -60037 error instead.

Network is inactive. ???
Weird.

Could you please install and enable BugTrap and send me the generated
report so I'll know where exactly the problem occurred.

>This is a different location then I tested with before, so I can't be
>sure it's not a queue name issue(ie I have it set wrong?). I am
>attempting to print through a OSX 10.1.5 Server printer server(not
>cups).

The previous version always sent lp as the queue. You can do this, it
will then usually print to the default queue. You can also leave the
queue blank.

On my Mac (running 10.3), in the Print Center, I can ask for
information about a particular printer and it includes the name of
the queue.

http://www.kallisys.net/QueueName.png

>While I have your attention:
>Also with regard to the new DCL nightly (yeah) I used the nightly
>escale to install the LPR thing ( via rendezvous) which worked but
>produces a -16009 and a -28009. After this, escale is fine, but Newton
>needs a restart to see escale again. This is with the newest TCP dock
>and NIE patch 4 installed.

When did you get the -16009 and the -28009? While installing?

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/