[NTLK] Problem with Lucent Wavelan wireless card

From: Nightshade (nightshade_at_email.it)
Date: Sun Nov 28 2004 - 22:10:13 PST

Hi!
I've got a MessagePad 2100 with NIE 2.0 installed, and i always used it with
my 3C589D ethernet card...never had a problem so far, anyway...as walking
around with a portable handheld with a newtwork wired connected isn't really
confortable i decided to go wireless :)
That's when the problems started to arise.
I installed LucentWaveLAN2.pkg from UNNA (/drivers/ethernet/wavelan) and
MoreWifiCard.pkg , My wifi card is a Lucent Wavelan (rebranded from Acer)
and when inserted in the newton pop up a screen which says "Lucent
WaveLAN/IEEE", asks to use the card with appletalk etc. but no
configuration...i'm unable to configure wep,channel, and other wifi
features...as other tutorial says i looked in Owner Info and then Work Site
to add WiFi option there ...and nothing. If i try to use the card without
configuration the driver start it, but it does not communicate with my
newtork (probably because of wrong channel config).
I read i need Hiroshi's drivers, but i don't know if they're the ones i
installed from UNNA...can't check that as his page is down, if they're
different drivers would someone be so kind to send them to me? i would be
really happy to use my newton around the house without that nasty network
cable :)
Thanks ;)

 Sponsor:
 Usi ancora fax e carta? Allora sei preistorico! Oggi i fax li ricevi
direttamente sul computer con il nuovo EmailFax IN
Clicca e scopri i vantaggi
 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=1568&d=20041129