Re: [NTLK] einstein -> antelope -> oqo? RANT ALERT!

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_telebyte.nl)
Date: Sun Oct 03 2004 - 12:03:02 PDT

On 3-okt-04, at 20:27, Jim Witte wrote:
> I think the OQO would be nice - overkill is never a bad think IMO

Since I called budding love for a OQO brain damage maybe I should
explain why I think so.
The Newton tends to be better than the users realize, the recent thread
about the Palm seems to prove my point.
It's not just the HWR, it's also the OS, the tight integration, the
'soup system' that allows this integration etc.
And on top of that the hardware, which still outperforms all PDA's that
are made today in the most important of all: battery life.

When first I saw the OQO two years ago I thought it was pretty neat as
well, just the specs about the battery time was enough to turn me off.
So for the Einstein project let's please focus on hardware that isn't
the prettiest or the coolest, just the best.

Oh, and the specs seem to have disappeared from the site and the OQO is
slated for this fall.
Who knows, but I'd be surprised of it actually came out because it's
one of the most notorious pieces of vaporware I've seen so far...

Robert Benschop