Re: [NTLK] [ot]How often do NIB MP2100's cross the radar?

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 22:59:06 PDT

Exactly. I'm in the middle of getting my '72
convertible Cutlass restored and I find it frustrating
that there are those individuals out there that pay
ridiculous prices for classic autos. This, inturn,
drives up the price for parts and services. I doubt
that I will get away with under $25k for the
restoration...
And the worst part is that the majority of these
overpriced autos will spend their entire life in a
garage where nobody but the owner will be able to
enjoy them, or trailered to various shows.
Me personally? I'm not getting a "show restoration".
For one, I don't have a hundred grand to spend...I'm
getting what is called a "driver restoration".
Granted, it's not going to be a daily driver (I doubt
the car would be much fun in city traffic) but I
certainly won't keep it cooped up in a garage for the
rest of it's life...
Sorry for the vent...
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Cheyanne & Randy <bayoubuddies_at_sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

> David,
>
> "Trailer Queen" refers to a motorcycle (or car)
> that almost never
> leaves the trailer at a show or event. With the
> chopper set (mostly
> urban professionals these days :-), it's a term of
> disparagement. In
> this context I'm sure that Ed means that no one will
> use those newtons,
> just look at 'em.
>
> If you google trailer queen you get a lot of
> entries about rednecks,
> women and trailer parks :-)
>
> cheers,
>
> Randy

=====
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the decision."
 - Benjamin Franklin