Re: [NTLK] blue backlight

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Sep 03 2004 - 17:13:15 PDT

On Sat, Sep 04, 2004 at 12:16:53AM +0530, Hemant Kamat wrote:
> Just asking, do you get red/orange backlights too? Wonder how it will look
> with an orange backlight :)

Rumor has it that colors other than green get pretty heavily filtered
coming through the LCD and digitizer, so you may find that the red and
orange backlights aren't as bright as you may like. Pay attention to the
color when off as well. When the backlight isn't running, only light
reflecting off the backlight allows you to see the display, so you'd
want a backlight that reflects a lot of light (white or light-colored)
as well. Note well that the color the backlight glows may have nothing
to do with the color it is when off.

--
"It's 106 light-years to Chicago, we've got a full chamber of anti-matter,
a half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing visors."