Re: [NTLK] An era draws to a close

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Fri Sep 10 2004 - 00:20:22 PDT

On Sep 9, 2004, at 11:33 PM, Frank Gruendel wrote:

> John, I'm afraid you will make enemies if you resist much longer...

ouch! That _hurts_!!! It's a perspective I hadn't considered....
However, I understand what you are saying... I guess that, at this
point, I should graciously accept.... but it ain't easy!!!!

I guess I would be remiss if I didn't publicly accept, also. When I
have the details worked out, I will be writing on list, so that proper
credit can be given, and to make the whole thing as transparent as
possible. I believe that the good will of all who offered ought to be
honored and appreciated, and that the uniqueness of this list even
better appreciated. :-) I would also like to give honorable mention to
all who offered me replacements for what I lost. I can certainly not
take everybody up on their offer, but I think it only fair to mention
all who were selfless and generous to offer what they had. If you would
rather I not mention your name publicly, please let me know off-list,
or, if people think this is a bad idea, please let me know off list
also.

I can only say that this whole experience has been a humbling one, and
greatly encouraging as well. On Tuesday, I was at the bottom, but now,
my appreciation of _all_ things Newton is as great as it's ever been...
I know a lost Clie or Palm or PocketPC would never generate such a
response! It's just another reminder of what makes the Newton special.
:-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland