Re: [NTLK] Replacing the backside cover holder things

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Sat Sep 11 2004 - 20:56:41 PDT

> How do I do it? Just grab a pair of plyers and pull? I don't want to
> make things worse than they already are. Thanks!
   Take the back of of the Newt. The clips slide inside the cover, and
then comes to a little piece of plastic that looks like this and forms
a spring:

.|---------------------|.
- -
-------------------------
-------------------------
-------------------------
-------------------------

The top part of the piece flexes as you push the clip back, and then
pushes back to it's normal shape, which pushes the clip back toward the
center of the Newt to hold the cover there. With the back off, the
clips should just pivot and push out (toward the backside, not the
inside - the slot's not big enough for the whole clip part.)

Jim

> Mickey
> --
> inquiries