Re: [NTLK] new Newton 120 user with newbie questions

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Fri Sep 17 2004 - 08:46:54 PDT

*snip*
> 4. Also, consider a 20-32MB Linear Flash card. You'll love it. They
> come up on eBay for about $30-$35 quite often. Watch your models and
> specs, try and make sure it's compatible with your 120. It took me 2
> purchases to get it right.
*snip*

I should point out that a smaller card would be better. The simple
reason is the larger the card, the more heap is taken to keep track of
the memory on the card. Weather it is used or not. So a empty 4MB card
is going to take a quite a bit less than say a empty 20MB card. With my
120 (or 130 for that matter) I don't go over 6/8MB card size and I
prefer 4MB.

-Dan