Re: [NTLK] Newton Spanish text recognition.

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 00:22:44 PDT

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004, Larry Yaeger wrote:

> You can also just add words to your individual
> user's word list, though it might be a bit
> tedious trying to enter thousands of words. This
> is still a good way to add special words --
> proper names, technical terms, slang, etc. --
> that aren't likely to be in the regular
> dictionaries.

It's what I did at first.
However, the user dictionary is limited to 1,000 words.
I figured out how to change this limit, but then I was stuck by another
limit which is 64 KB (soup entry limit, the dictionary is not in a VBO),
the slowness of making changes to the dictionaries (hence the first
version of DictMgr in fact) and then another limit, the use of system
heap.

Paul