Re: [NTLK] Newton Clear Dock

From: Adriano (adriano.angelillis_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 05:56:32 PDT

Il giorno 05/apr/05, alle 19:34, DJ Vollkasko ha scritto:

So it's just two parts that you stick together? I'd love to see (better
quality) images of that! (Could somebody pls. donate a old
decrepit-but-workeable digital camera to Adriano - I'm willing to pay
shipping expenses to ease the severance...)

DJ, first notice that your way to agitate is simply amazing me!

I will publish some good photos and VR on a website as soon as i will=20
have the time to do so.
Although so, i will really appreciate (as i really would need) some=20
donations for buying materials and new-tech pieces.

> The rev II of the Clear Dock will be foldable, so you will close it =
and
> carry with you. I have to choose between a clear dock which could =
bring
> the MessagePad inside, or one which keep things apart.

Hmh, I think both Clear Dock solutions have their appeal.

I agree with you.

The maximum solution would be a clear case (the Clear Dock NewtOffice?
NewtWriter?) that folds open and presents to the user the Newton and
keyboard (original or Stowaway for more compactness), like a tiny
laptop or
clear-cased eMate 2x00, but with all the ports exposed (maybe as sockets
through the case?) that Adriano is now adding, right? Typing with
keyboard
and Newton on lap would finally be possible w/o all the stuff sliding
into
separate orbits all the time... You could have one of these in a nice
suede
leather or neoprene etui so it doesn't get scratched and would be able
set up office and communications w/o any trouble of reattaching cabling.
Fold open, wake Newtie, be productive.

You have realized the exact idea of what the Clear Dock Rev.II will be.

About the Stowaway, it's a beautiful companion but notice is bigger=20
keyboard than the one you see on the Clear Dock photos.

> Although the keyboard is incorporated, it's thin and robust,
> but very light.

I really don't know what I'd like better - a complete office setup to
go, or
a mininal stand. Both have pros and cons. Adriano, maybe you should run
poll of your website for that: Write down the specs for several possible
solutions and expected pricing, and let the people vote their favorite
(like
PCBMan did). And after that implement what you like best. ;=3D}

A web site for voting? It's a cool idea, but i think that a 7" X 7" X=20
0,59" is already a nice compromise:
for first it's minimal, then i will try to add a seemlessly complete=20
office solution into it asap.

PCBman is a gooroo, me is a spaghetti eater only!

Please share again your ideas, is exactly what i need.

Thanks a lot,

Adriano

=B8,=F8=A4stay=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4cool=A4=F8,=B8=B8,=F8=A4feel=A4=F8,=B8=B8=
,=F8=A4funk=A4=F8,=B8