[NTLK] Found the Perfect Prototype Newton Stand, But How to Get One?

From: mkow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Wed Apr 06 2005 - 11:29:23 PDT

I've found what could very well be the perfect Newton stand. It has a sloped metal tray, mounted on a swiveling base. The whole thing has a matte (not me) black finish. There's even a mounting bracket, so it can be attached to a desk.

Where did I see this beauty? It was mounted to the cashier's booth at the local 'Big Lot!' store. They were installed and intended to be used for Visa card purchases, but the store never had the credit card units installed. I keep hinting to the manager that I'd like to buy one of these babies, but she's not sure she won't still get the credit card units (I should mention they've been waiting over a year). It would be perfect for mounting to my old wooden desk/table in my computer room.

Any ideas where one could get such a device? I have not ruled out breaking into the 'Big Lot!' after hours.

Matt K.