Re: [NTLK] battery Question

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Apr 11 2005 - 00:25:21 PDT

Owen,

if you ask me, it pretty much looks like the rechargeable s started to leak.

So first action: CLEAN the contacts and teh battery compartment, this is
acid stuff!
Second: even if the rechargeables seem still to work: have a closer look at
each cell, at least one of them is leaking and should not be used any
longer.

Even you decide to rebuild you battery pack or you put fresh single
rechargeable cells.
In order to get them recognised as rechargeables and to be recharged inside
the Newt, the little pushbutton that you can find in the middle of the
battery compartment needs to be kept pressed down when the cells are in. You
can achieve that using a piece of business card or something like that to
hold it down between the cells.

Cheers
Johannes