Re: [NTLK] Programming Newton Games.

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 10:38:56 PDT

Martin Joseph wrote:
>>I believe that the author basicially figured out how to write directly
>>to the video address area to do this one.
>
> What about the Newtendo and the Voxel engine? These seem to be pretty
> hard core implementations, that I am guessing include some sort of more
> primitive graphical functions?
>
> It seems to me that Eagan probably has some ideas along these lines?

Eagan is writing directly to the screen, I think he's also using a C++ VBO in
RAM to do double-buffering or some such thing.

I'm not a graphics programmer - I steered way clear of OpenGL when all my
friends were taking it in 4th year CS. Everything I know about graphics
programming I know by following the emulation scene for the last 10 years :)

The Newton also implements a lot of the original QuickDraw API, the headers
are in the C++ tools (qd.h I believe).