Re: [NTLK] Newton Macros?

From: Adam Ladds (aladds_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 18 2005 - 12:30:28 PDT

On Monday, April 18, 2005, at 05:35 PM, Goodwin, Greg P. wrote:

> A while back, we were talking about mouse control on the Newton,
> which didn't go very far.

I have started work on a preliminary mouse driver, kinda, but=20
development is currently stalled until I understand how the serial=20
communications on the newt work (i have the section from the=20
programmers reference printed out, but it's all greek to me (I'm used=20
to BASIC)). I have all the specs for the serial mouse, I made an=20
adaptor lead up and hooked a switch into the mouse to test the=20
different protocols. I've worked out just about everything i need to to=20=

get it going. I just need to find out how to open the serial port and=20
read from it. Then I can make a small window move round the newton=20
screen (to be replaced with a directly drawn on the LCD pointer), after=20=

that, the next stage will be clicking, apparantly there is a pendown()=20=

or somthing event that triggers a pen push, so I could rig that up to a=20=

button. I will also need someone to tell me how to make an Extension=20
which has options settable in Prefs so it can have tracking speed,=20
protocol etc. Until then it'll be an app.

For now It's a matter of sorting out a few minor things (in order of=20
importance):

=95 Serial communications (more a major thing than a minor one)
=95 Clicking
=95 Real Pointer

cheers

Adam

BTW, Does anyone know what happened to the newtonprogramming group?? It=20=

seems dead=85=