Re: [NTLK] LPR Printing Question - not a newbie

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Apr 19 2005 - 09:08:30 PDT

Zoont Foomby wrote:
> My home office has a TekTronix Phaser 560 Color Laser printer hooked
> up to my network via a PhaserShare network card. Its IP address is
> 192.168.0.124. The print queue name to send data to is PS (or PCL if
> printing PCL data). All of my other computers can print to it fine.
> The newton cannot.
<snip>
> When I try to print a note from the Notes app I do the following
>
> Print->(Choose Printer with above settings)->Print Now->Connect
> Wavelan Internet etc.->...
>
> Then it connects and starts to print and gives an error:
> "
> Print:
> Error -60047 encountered
> "

-60047 means "kInetToolErrInvalidAddress" from the error DB:

http://tools.unna.org/errors/query.php?code=60047

I suspect you have a bad or invalid IP address entered somewhere. Check your
LPR setup and make sure there are no trailing periods, whitespace, etc in the
IP address field.

Does your Internet Setup work other than with LPR? Test it out with a browser.