Re: [NTLK] Newton Press - error when creating package

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Tue Apr 26 2005 - 16:27:17 PDT

The relative stability of OS X can lead to bad habits. In the old days
'save early and save often' was the standard.
And while it is true that Newton Press is somewhat unstable, it is
usable and usable for documents of the size you are doing. I did Don
Quixote on Newton Press as well as a personal copy of Dune and
SnowCrash, all very long books. I save after each chapter or whenever
I pause.
You mentioned pictures, and I have found that this is most challenging
for NP. I have been working on a world atlas and have to live with
frequent crashes, but continue to make slow progress in part due to the
need to properly prepare each map to display well on the Newt.
I also do most of my editing prior to importing into NP.
I used to use Geneva and New York fonts but found that I have less
difficulty Espy Sans, not crashes but missing text in the compiled
book.
Good luck with future efforts.

Woody