Re: [NTLK] (No Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2005 16:04:53 -0400

From: Paul Curtis (Nations One Mortgage) (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Fri Apr 29 2005 - 07:20:51 PDT

DJ,

I haven't purchased one yet so I don't know if it works or not. The specs
seem correct, but as you noted the price is commanding, therefore I haven't
taken the plunge.

As for the proper PCMCIA aspect, I have a preference for a direct solution
to avoid potential extra drivers, remove the extra point of failure and so
far the true PCMCIA cards offer a better external antenna option. They also
seem to have a much lower profile antenna, which I'm keen on as I will equip
my truck with as powerful an external antenna as I can fit. The only other
thing I can think of is that typically the power requirement increases,
albeit nominally, with adapters and if I lost my inverter, then battery
power would be crucial.

Best Regards,

Paul Curtis
Certified Mortgage Planner
BBC Group, a division of Nations One Mortgage

(517) 775-6666 Cell (Voice Mail)
(517) 579-3283 Office
(866) 263-2956 Toll-Free Office
(517) 548-9735 Facsimile