[NTLK] Screen Surface Material "Give"

From: Brad C. Schmidt (brad.schmidt_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 19 2005 - 13:11:35 PST

Has anyone completely disassembled the screen layers on a Newt? Stupid
question - of course someone has...

On the 2000 I just got which is really beautiful, there seems to be a
very slight separation of some sort of non-glass material that is
normally adhered to the screen (I assume, as none of my others were
every like this). They symptom is that there is a slight air pocket
between the surface and whatever is underneath it. VERY slight, but
noticeable in the middle if you tap the screen gently to feel for the
give, or look at it in the light and pay attention to the way
reflections distort as light pressure is applied.

There doesn't seem to be any functional issues, except that you need to
make sure you are writing firmly, but I have never noticed this before
- anyone want to fill me in on construction and if they have seen this?

Brad