Re: [NTLK] BBC story: Newton Mentioned

From: noiseiskinky (grliot_at_tiscalinet.it)
Date: Sat Jan 15 2005 - 15:19:58 PST

On Jan 15, 2005, at 9:34 PM, B=F8rre Ludvigsen wrote:

> Come on, the article was pure, drooling envy, disguised with a measure
> of British stiff upper lip. These things are always veiled in
> chauvinism, particularly from those nations on the other side of the
> Atlantic of whcih we understand only one language. It would have been
> something quite different had the celebration been of computers from
> Olivetti (some wonderful designs in the 80's), Bull (yes, it was

WOW someone who remembers Olivetti :) But not only in the 80's: In the=20=

1965 (one nine six five) in New York Olivetti unveiled Progamma 101=20
(aka Perottina from his designer Per Giorgio Perotto) defined from New=20=

York Times (in '65) "the first desk top computer of the world"
is a long long story :))