[NTLK] NewtonScript compiler and interpreter by Makoto Nukui (GNUE)

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2005 - 01:00:39 PST

Hi all,

I've just noticed that GNUE (Makoto Nukui), a famous Japanese Newton
Developer (author of HeapMagic, NTEncoding for SimpleMail, PkgInfo,
among others) has been working on a NewtonScript compiler and
interpreter.

I tested it, it's very impressive, even if it doesn't do much stuff
yet and the runtime environment is minimalist. I wonder if it could
be combined with Simon's interpreter (which includes many more
runtime functions).

http://www.so-kukan.com/gnue/

It comes with source code (it's released under GPL) and it could very
probably be modified to generate packages and/or NSOF streams.

With my future project (codenamed Relativity), we're close to being
freed from closed-source tools from Apple. :)

Paul

--
Ministre ultraplénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Baignoire à vendre.