Re: [NTLK] can't get NCU to work properly in Classic/OS X

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 18:53:22 PST

Welcome to the list Ravi.
Your problem is not new to folks on this list, there is a section of
wikiwikinewt on bootstrapping
see <http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/index.php/BootStrapping> and
even though you are not technically a newbie you may want to look at
that section also.
Since you have NetHopper installed you can go to Ed's site and download
necessary packages to use many wired ethernet cards, I think most 3Com.
cards will work. This will allow you to connect to NCU and install
needed packages for Escale. See
<http://newton.tek-ed.com/>
I attempted to connect to <http://www.kallisys.com/newton/dcl/> with
NetHopper and Courier with limited success, I don't think that you can
download Escale directly to your Newton.

Woody