Re: [NTLK] [OT]Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Jun 08 2005 - 20:59:35 PDT

OK...as one of the few resident Wintel users on this
list, I just had to "chime" in (ok, I know, but I
couldn't resist!)
I had to confess though...when I heard the news, I
just laughed...honestly, I did...
My thought process was like this:
"'Think different', my eye (cheech and chong
referrence here)". I remember all the broo-ha-ha about
"it's not the speed of the processor..." and how the
power-PC was the "super computer on the desk" and that
the Apple OS with Aqua needed a powerful processor
that the Intel chip just couldn't deliver...harrumph!
poppycock and balderdash. It will only be a mattery of
time when Apple will adopt the AMD chip and possibly
even a Cyrix processor as well (thin computing on a
Mac? hmmm) It was all FUD and marketting hype after
all. If I were a Mac user, I would find it difficult
to believe anything Apple ever said again (but then
again, that's exactly what I did when they
discontinued the Newton.)..I swore off Macs the day
the Newton died (queue American pie...)
Now Apple can change their slogan from "Think
Different" to "Just like everyone else"
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- Kevin and Maggie Ondre <kevin_ondre_at_vermontel.net>
wrote:

> If you are upset about this, why are you not upset
> with all the other
> hardware that has been inside the mac boxes for
> years now?
> seriously, the mac boxes have been adapting to more
> and more
> mainstream hardware parts inside their machines for
> a while now. And
<snip>
> the only thing i think will be weird is to hear that
> chime of intel
> at the end of an apple TV commercial.
> I hope they don't force apple to put those stupid
> intel stickers on
> the outside of the machines either.
>
> it makes business sense as well.
>
> Kevin
<snip>

"I'm not an expert, but I *did* stay at a Holiday Inn Express once..."
     --Holiday Inn Commercial