Re: [NTLK] Concerning Apple's Switch to Intel Chips...

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 09:07:57 PDT

On Jun 17, 2005, at 6:43 AM, Apostolos Koutropoulos wrote:

> What do you think the chances are for a pipin II (or some other game
> console
> from apple).
I think there is a possibility. Intel must be bitter about MS's flight
to powerPC for Xbox 360... A mac mini that plays games (better video
card), could be just the ticket if the price can be competitive.

> They did try in the past to do consumer electronics unsuccessfully
> (pipin,
> set-top boxes and so on), but now with the success of the iPod, move to
> intel, what are the odds of a new
> 1. newton PDA device (like the lifedrive, not a "standard" PDA)
Slim to none.
> 2. smartphone newton device
slim to none.
> 3. game console
Seems like a possibility...
> 4. take over a DVR service/make their own ?
I don't think so, but a fully digital movie download store seems very
possible in near future.

my 2c,
Marty