Re: [NTLK] My new toy!

From: Woody Smith (woodysmith_at_comcast.net)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 19:50:25 PDT

Please make sure that the display keeps working properly by doing the
hinge repair.
see <http://www.inventors-emporium.co.uk/pages/newton-emate-hinge.html>
  or <http://www.pda-soft.de/emate_disassemble.html>
Repairing the hinges is not too difficult but use a good screw
driver, the phillips head screws are easy to strip. Be careful to
keep screws and other little parts carefully organized.

The digitizer is the part of the display that is subject to scratches
and can be replaced but will need to be removed from another used
eMate, even one that has a bad display ribbon.

I don't believe that there is a key between the assist key and the
light key, just a spacer. From right to left is Power/Light/spacer/
Assist/Find/Undo/spacer.....

Woody