[NTLK] My new toy!

From: Mac User (macintosh_at_globetrotter.net)
Date: Fri Jun 17 2005 - 18:40:32 PDT

Hi team,

I finally take my hands on a new brand new eMate 300, no, it was used
it fact, I think Apple do no longer sell them...

The item is so far is very good condition:

- screen is working properly
- keyboard too
- it was sold with original pen and charger

But, still, it is used, so:

- the screen has a few scratches on it: I'm asking if it can be
repaired someway?
- there is a missing key: the key between the assist and light is
missing, it is possible to buy it from some member here that have an
eMate for parts?

I will certainly have to do the hinge repair (I read the page on it
already):

- is this really difficult? Since the screen work well, I suppose it
is not that difficult, but...
- what are the risks? special care before starting?

The battery may not be good also (I also read the page on this one):

- how hard it is to do?
- I have standard NiMH battery, not the one with soldering part, can
they be used without too much problem?
- I saw on a web page someone that have put a battery holder, instead
of rebuilding the battery, how does this solution scale?

Still, this Newton is very amazing! Strange look, but really rocks!

Steve