Re: [NTLK] Battery drainage

From: Frank Gruendel (fg2_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Mar 15 2005 - 08:45:18 PST

> I have eight reachargable sony batteries
> with 850mA and they get drained in just one
> day.
> If I change them for 1800mA or 2300mA,
> the problem will be solved?

Provided that your 850mA batteries are healthy
and haven't reached the end of their life cycle,
no. It would only mean that it takes about twice
as long until they are discharged. If you have
a battery tray, you might want to try if this
also happens with Alkalines. If it does, the
problem is located somewhere in your Newton.
A good way to drain batteries is installing
a package that'll automatically turn the
backlight on at startup and setting your sleep
preference to "Never".

Frank