Re: [NTLK] Adaptor for eMate

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 00:19:39 PST

There is not so much mystery behind:
What Sonny calls protection is namely
1) stabilised output voltage 7.5V
2) a current limitation that fits nicely to our Newts, reducing the output
voltage in case of the current would raise above 1.2 Amps.

There is quiet a variety of stabilised power adaptors on the market, but as
it comes to the current limitation, there are only very very few adaptors to
find.
As long as the voltage is below 7V the max output current may be higher, but
otherwise THIS is the reason for frying your Newt when having a rechargeable
pack inside to be charged.
Using a power supply with less than 7V is save but of course less efficient
for charging the batteries.

Cheers
Johannes