Re: [NTLK] Adaptor for eMate

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 00:19:38 PST

Be warned,
(and I really hope it is not too late already)
in most cases it is a bad idea to use an power adaptor that is capable of
providing more than 1.2 Amps at 7.5V!
As you already said - your old rechargeables are not charging properly and
that might be the very reason that you have not fried yet your Emate!
You can do a simple check with the old rechargeables: get BattTrax on your
machine and check the current during charging.
To get an idea what your adaptyer is REALLY providing, use the battery
display from AVIs BD or get NewtTest and select Battery:
there you will see all the voltages and the charging current.

If the label on your adaptor states 7.5V and 1.33A this is one thing.
What it really provides is a different story.
So it would be really wise to check that first!

Cheers
Johannes