Re: [NTLK] SonyEricsson/Newton now Bluetooth from Newton

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Thu May 19 2005 - 21:21:06 PDT

> - syncing under Windows is much better than with MacOS X. I have been
> struggling to connect the phone to my PowerBook G4 over Bluetooth.
> Still no=
> very reliable.
> Under Windows you can also link with USB, infrared and Bluetooth. With
> Mac,
> the only option is Bluetooth (USB does not work, and infrared has
> disappeared on recent Powerbooks).
> Plus there are functions other than syncing which are not possible
> with Mac
> (like backup).

Interesting since I use both the t68i and the t610 with the PB G4 via
BT and they are completely easy to setup for GPRS internet access and
syncing!

I guess the 900 is a whole different animal though.

Do you use this device via Bluetooth to provide GPRS access to Newton?

Both my Sony/Ericsson phones have unreliable GPRS connectivity for
Newton, due to NIE's brain dead insistence on sending echo packets,
which the sony phone don't seem to like. The connection drops almost
immediately under certain activity (OR LACK).

I recently bought a Motorola V550 which I hope to play with this
weekend and see if it helps my Newton access....

GPRS is very cool, but I much prefer using a "real" computer (AKA
Newton) rather then crippled cell phone architectures :~)

Marty