Re: [NTLK] How to download pkg into newt u

From: Alex Lećo (alexleao_at_gmail.com)
Date: Thu Nov 17 2005 - 19:08:45 PST

Thu, 17 Nov 2005 23:29 -0300, Robinson Pereira <gaudo_at_terra.com.br>:
> I want to know how can I download pkgs into newt using wifi.
> I believe exists the needed soft at UNNA, but I think the website needs a=
 search tool. > I am tired of spent lots of time looking for some pkgs and =
not finding it.
> Maybe I am a little dumb, but I don't know.
>
> Another question: wich stationery I need to see JPG files in my mail?
> Thanks!

Hey boy,

If you are using your wi-fi thru a XP Internet connection, you will
only download a pkg from a webserver or send it to Newton attached to
an email (maybe thru a terminal also?)

- You can point your NetHopper or Newtscape to Unna or many other
sites. Time to start a bookmark! :^)

- You can setup a personal web server (consult the XP help) and put
your preferred pkgs in your home intranet;

- Send an email with a pkg attached (I dont know if this will corrupt
the file...) and download it with simple mail (I think that the very
good SimpleMail Manual explain better this process)

If you will use a Mac, all the above plus another many ways. The NCU
(Classic) will work thru AppleTalk. Escale (OSX) will work thru TCP-IP
and AppleTalk.

--
Alex Le=E3o