Re: [NTLK] Data transfer to Mac Tiger 10.3x

From: John Hay (OceanCity_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Oct 31 2005 - 04:23:20 PST

Just as a side note to the overall discussion of syncing and data
transfer, I run a Tiger 10.2.4 dual G5 box with NewTen and a Keyspan
dongle for _installing_ packages.

For me is has actually been 100% stable, flawless, and reliable.

As for more Legacy based needs, I use an old dual G5 virgin Classic
9.2.1 box with the Stealth serial port plugged directly into the G4
logic board where the modem card used to live. As far as I am aware
this physical hardware setup also works as well as a "true" 1998 Classic
Newton hardware/software connection.

So, for me I am at home using NewTen on Tiger for installing, since I
only use my Newton as a Stand-Alone Mobile device; see prior posts on
this for more info if needed:
Re: [NTLK] Daily Backups to Flash Cards starting 10/26/05, etc.

10/30/05 Michael C. Wittmann issued the following and I have taken
literary license to pass it along on a "Need to Know Basis" . . . ?