Re: [NTLK] Argh! Screen breakage...

From: Michael C. Wittmann (mwittmann_at_maine.edu)
Date: Sat Sep 17 2005 - 07:00:08 PDT

Hi, Ed,

I'm laughing at your description of need and want.

> This is the path that my Newton took.
> It started out as a *want* and remained so for several
> years.

When my Newton broke, my wife was really sympathetic. (She used to
make fun of me using it and didn't understand what it was for - she's
a pencil/paper user and somehow doesn't want "a unit where all the
paper I ever wrote is still there, waiting to be returned to!") Her
first reaction was "go get another one on eBay!" So that's what I did.

By now, I suppose I could find other ways of getting at the
information. Backing up is only good if you have another Newton ready
to read out the information. Yesterday, spare Newton in play, I used
NCU to dump all my Dates and ToDos into desktop readable formats. I
wish there were an easier way to get ToDos from Palm Desktop to iCal,
so I'm trying iCal Import. There was a snafu in the code (I'm talking
to the author) but I'll tell people if it works as yet another way to
get information from a Newton to iCal on OS X.

Michael