Re: [NTLK] OT - Off topic - Photographers

From: Matt Howe (matthowe_at_comcast.net)
Date: Mon Sep 19 2005 - 07:45:23 PDT

I used to work as a professional photographer shooting weddings, portraits
and architecturals for contractors and architects. I think most people
either under use or over use flash. Many people ask me why I use a flash out
of doors in the daylight. I do so to fill in the shadows and soften the
faces. But you also have to remember that flash unit lighting is pure white
and as such will wash out an ambient light of color. I use flash like a
painter's brush applying light where it needs and holding it off where it's
not needed. Just my two cents worth.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe_at_comcast.net
mywebpages.comcast.net/mhowe41