Re: [NTLK] DCL and Escale

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun Apr 02 2006 - 09:32:58 EDT

Hi June

I have had better luck than you report. I am using v.1.0 (1.0.1
(20030503)). Mac is 10.4.5.
I connect best via TCP/IP (TT). Port 3679 which I created on the
Mac and setup on the Newt.

I successfully installed a package, initiating install from Newt.
Escale froze after on install.
Initiating install from Mac i installed several packages without
difficulty

I am glad that you are going to work on Escale, I think it has the
potential to replace NCU.

Woody

On Apr 2, 2006, at 12:38 AM, June Tate wrote:

> On Apr 1, 2006, at 4:37 PM, June Tate wrote:
>> Hey All,
>> I've been playing around with my newly acquired 2100 lately and I've
>
> ...snip...
>
>> on my system, but every time I tell the 2100 to connect it
>> immediately crashes Escale.
>
> Well, after only hearing responses saying essentially "use something
> else," getting hooked on Escale's functionality (plus gooey
> interface! ^,^) and after reading the thread from Paul Guyot about
> DCL's unsupported state, I've decided to put my software engineering
> skills to work and start hacking

snip