Re: [NTLK] Newtons and Palms together

From: Nate Goore <natenewton_at_pacbell.net>
Date: Thu Apr 20 2006 - 20:03:08 EDT

Jon -
I did use both, mainly to have a very small device for read-only names,
dates, games, and mp3s, and some file storage. My ipod's a lot
smaller, has way more memory, and syncs better, and can also tote
around pictures of my 3-year old. So I tossed the palm (fourth time I
got one then realized I didn't need it - palm V, Sony Clie 6something
or other, Clie T-something, Palm tungsten with the 320x480 and wifi
card and BT).

I think that not being able to do many of the things I take for granted
with a Newton ultimately gets me so frustrated with the Palms (even
though I know not to expect it) that I get rid of them, until some new
feature arrives (color high res screen, Bluetooth, etc.) that I fool
myself into thinking there's a good two platform solution.