Re: [NTLK] Going for a Newton

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Sat Aug 05 2006 - 01:46:37 EDT

On 8/4/06, Thomas Bockhorn <historian.thomas@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well Seb
>
> The one downside to the Newton is that it is as bulky as a brick. Its
> quite light with a battery pack (though I recommend you use the AA
> tray since those battery packs are probably too old to hold a charge)
> You can get one on ebay.

Hey!!!! The 2100 is far less bulky and lighter than those new UMPCs and the
new Sony equivalents! And keep in mind that those are the true successors of
the Newton, not the Palm and Windows Mobile devices, which are just gadgets.
When compared this way, the Newton wins hands-down! So think of your Newton
as a laptop replacement, not a PDA.

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland