Re: [NTLK] Experience with NewtSync and a suggestion

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed Aug 30 2006 - 02:06:56 EDT

On 8/30/06, Frederick Bauman <fbauman@gmail.com> wrote:

> Question about your sync experience:
> 1. Did you have any addresses on the Newton when you did the sync?
> 2. How many entries do you have in the Address Book app?
> 3. Were you able to get through without the app crashing? I can't
> get NewtSync to even attempt to sync iCal without crashing, and it
> also fails to sync the address books, I have entries in both.

If you have notes in your Address Book on OS X, you will have problems
syncing with Newsync. supposedly, there is a 100 character limit in
notes, but my experience has been that anything more than a phone
number or two kills the sync, and make sure you don't have any odd
characters in there.

As to iCal, I thought that NewtSync didn't like Tiger's iCal? Has that
been fixed? in any case, I would never do an iCal sync, as my Newton
was always my primary calendar. It didn't make sense to me to have two
cals, as I would invariably get confused, even if I synced, at some
point, I would be out of sync, and confused, and since my Newt was
always with me, my Newt was where my cal went...

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland