Re: [NTLK] New user question about CF cards

From: Ian Johnson <itjohnson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Dec 15 2006 - 23:33:43 EST

I've been reading these comments about ATA support with great
interest because it's something I was thinking about for the future.
It was mentioned earlier that Paul Guyot set the price so high
because he didn't want to support a large number of users.
Personally, I would be happy to pay less for an unsupported version,
if that's the primary concern. I can't justify spending $66 for ATA
support, at least not now, but I'd like to ask those who have used it
with large volumes: how drastic is the speed decrease with size, and
what, in your opinion, is the maximum size that can be accessed at a
usable speed?

-Ian