Re: [NTLK] New eMate and the hinge repair

From: John Charlton (johncharlton_at_mac.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 21:36:22 PST

On 21-Feb-06, at 21:04 , mkow1234_at_aol.com wrote:

> Newton Press (as usual) keeps
> blowing up and/or locking up, at random intervals,

Have you thought about going with Bookmaker? It's not very difficult
really, and much MUCH less frustrating.

As to hinge repairs, after leaving my emate in bits for many months
hoping I could get into a machine shop to make a jig for a spring
replacement part made of nylon (which I showed at the last Detroit
meeting) I finally sat down today and put it all together again.
Quite the machine, booted right up and everything still how it was.
If Keith feels like coming to Detroit maybe we could all have pizza
and fix his machine. Think I'll be there around the 9th of March.

jc