Re: [NTLK] Nitro/OBEX problem

From: Don V. Zahniser (irntooth_at_eznet.net)
Date: Wed Jan 04 2006 - 15:29:53 PST

Roland Roberts wrote:
>I would love to do a complete backup and reinstall on the "new" Newton.
>I *believe* everything uses the Owner ID (name); certainly all of the
>StandAlone stuff does. But...I've not had any luck with NBU; it
>*always* drops out somewhere. I've got an old PowerComputer machine,
>but it's been stripped of a lot of its software and the CD-ROM died. I
>bought a CD-ROM off ebay that was on the list of supported drives for
>FWB's CD toolkit, but in spite of the fact that the FWB config displays
>the ID the same as on the list, it unhelpfully tells me it is not a
>supported drives. Grrr.....

Was this the Toshiba drive that was mentioned in a previous note? I
have an old, old Toshiba CD-ROM drive (uses the inserted trays - can't
think of the real name), and there is a "CD Tech" driver that works fine
with it, where other drivers don't. Contact me off-list if you want me
to send it to you.

 - Don

--
Don V. Zahniser