[NTLK] [ANN] DCL no longer supported

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Fri Jan 20 2006 - 00:44:17 PST

Hi all,

Please note that the Desktop Connection Library and related projects
are no longer supported.

None of us have the time and the motivation to provide any support.
In spite of the huge work and the availability of its source code,
the DCL has never been used by anyone else and we mostly got
complaints. It nearly works, it just lacks love.

Furthermore, having just read about the rebirth of a connection
library project not based on the DCL, I am just disgusted by the way
the Newton Community and the developers make use of source code
availability.

Paul

--
Ministre ultraplénipotentiaire en disponibilité.
Mobile. Sans baignoire fixe.