Re: [NTLK] OMP Battery Cage, series, parallel or both?

From: Douglas Starnes <doug-doug_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Sun Jun 18 2006 - 11:24:21 EDT

They are in series.

I cracked open my original battery cage, removed the dead cells and replaced
them with new cells. I connected the batteries by short strips of wire and
careful soldering (even though soldering on batteries is ill advised). I
replaced the batteries in the original cage and closed it all up. It works
fine.

Project cost: a couple dollars for the batteries at a local Radio Shack and
about an hour's worth of time.