Re: [NTLK] Some observations

From: Laurent Daudelin <laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net>
Date: Mon Jun 19 2006 - 08:44:57 EDT

on 19/06/06 06:28, Marcus Hammerschmitt at Marcus.Hammerschmitt@t-online.de
wrote:
[snip!]
> 3) I'm just starting to play chess, using of course Deep Green. But is it
> just my basic understanding of chess, or does Deep Green sometimes
> act funny? Yesterday I was checked (no checkmate and no stalemate yet)
> though I couldn't see how that was possible with the given position. Accepting
> my ignorance anyway, I tried to flee. But each and any of my moves, no matter
> which, was greeted with an "illegal move" message. Are there better
> chessplayers
> here who had encounters of the weird kind with Deep Green too?

I don't know any other chess game besides Deep Green...

-Laurent.

Logiciels Nemesys Software               mailto:laurent.daudelin@verizon.net
net.police: /net-p*-lees'/ n. (var. `net.cops') Those Usenet readers who
feel it is their responsibility to pounce on and flame any posting which
they regard as offensive or in violation of their understanding of
netiquette. Generally used sarcastically or pejoratively. Also spelled `net
police'. See also net.-, code police.