Re: [NTLK] Serial board installation

From: James Nichols <smilr_at_mac.com>
Date: Sun May 21 2006 - 18:27:48 EDT

As a counterpoint, I've had an SER-001 in my mp2100 for over 2 years
now. Yes, I have a slight bulge in my case, but so far no crack. I
did leave out the plastic spacer that one is supposed to use with the
screw, as leaving it in made for a larger bulge. No need to file away
any plastics from the case, nor did I have to shorten any of the thru-
hole pins on the SER-001 itself. I'm very happy with this product, so
I guess the lesson here is that, as always, Your Mileage May Vary.

Good luck to those who are considering this upgrade!

Tyler