[NTLK] New to Newts. Wifi, Palm syncing, and other question

From: Russell,Allen <Allen.Russell_at_boc.com>
Date: Tue Oct 10 2006 - 16:37:15 EDT

Steve,
You cannot establish an Ethernet connection between the Newton and Win XP.
Win XP does not have appletalk enabled. Your guy probably did have it all
working to a Macintosh, he can do it with OS9 or classic. You _can_ connect
your newton to your Ethernet network and get to the internet.

For your wired network, don't forget to install all the stuff, including
3comaddon.pkg

The place to start for guidance is Victor's site
http://www.chuma.org/newton/ethernet/index.shtml

and maybe the wiki
http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/

Allen

>Date: Mon, 09 Oct 2006 12:32:35 -0700
>From: Steve Trotter <trotter@nwinfo.net>
>Subject: [NTLK] New to Newts. Wifi, Palm syncing, and other question
>I'm a new Newt owner, a 2000 made into a 2100 and a 120.
>The 120 will be used mainly for book reading; the 2100 for day to day
>organization and data.
>Questions:
>1. is there a web site with step by step, complete-idiot-in-mind,
>directions for establishing a wifi (and wired) Ethernet connection
>between the 2100 and Windows XP?
>I've done a fair amount of network setup, amateur status well
>maintained, but I'm having a lot of trouble with the MP 2100, an Orinoco
>wireless card and my windows office network. I also have a wired network
>card, a 3Com, which I'd like to get working too. The guy I bought from
>said it all worked for him on his Mac.
<snip>

The information contained in this email and any attachments may be confidential and is provided solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, distribution, or use of this e-mail, its attachments or any information contained therein is unauthorised and prohibited. If you have received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments.

No responsibility is accepted for any virus or defect that might arise from opening this e-mail or attachments, whether or not it has been checked by anti-virus software.