Re: [NTLK] [ANN] Newton Connection Tools for Windows

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 17:36:30 EDT

At 23:14 12.09.2006, you wrote:
>Marcus:
> I think that ethernet must be supported. That will be done in the final release. I would like to implement most import/export features as simple as drag & drop, when a plug-in enables it. There will be a window where you can drop your files with packages for installation or import/exports, which will stay waiting until you connect your newton and allows the process run.

Brilliant idea.

>For downloading/installing MP3 files, I will see what I can do with that. First, I put your request in the feature request list. Also I ask you to send me one of that files that can not be installed to work with it.
>(to newton.connection.tools@gmail.com please).

As I tried to point out it's not the occasional single file that won't be installed,
it's always the batch processing which doesn't work. Meaning you can't drop,
say, three files larger than approx. 900 K onto the active NCU-window and hope
they'll get installed one after the other (talking about a connection via ethernet/
Basilisk here). NCU will invariably drop the connection after the first file is
installed (at least that's the case with me). Please, if audio is no priority to
you, don't devote too much of your time to this special problem.

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html
http://www.flickr.com/photos/concord/