Re: [NTLK] Sharing a Mac's internet connection over Bluetooth

From: Giulio Marchi <emfdb_at_tiscali.it>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 17:45:26 EDT

Il giorno 12/set/06, alle 01:14, Steven Frank ha scritto:
> Forgive me if this has been covered before. I did a quick search and
> didn't see anything.
> Assuming you have a Mac with a working internet connection, and a
> Newton with a working Bluetooth card, your Mac can "share" the
> internet connection to the Newton, via Bluetooth.
> Unfortunately, setting it up is a bit complex.

Hi Steven,

Thanks for outlining this procedure though it is not so
straightforward. I hope I will find soon some time to try it.

I was aiming to use the Bluetooth to share the internet connection of
my Mac but I could not figure out how. Now I see why: actually I can
barely follow your instructions...

Few months ago I was also wondering about using a cable serial
connection (instead than Bluetooth) in order to share the internet
connection of the Mac but I could not achieve any success and, if I
recall correctly, nobody replied positively to my search for help on
the list. My (unsuccessful) tests were done with a 2100, a Keyspan
USA-28X and a PowerBook with 10.3.9.

By any chance you may have some enlightenment in this direction? Could
a serial connection be somehow more "direct" than the Bluetooth one? I
am rather sure that I am providing some pure amusement to several
people here but never know.

Thanks again,

Giulio