Re: [NTLK] Sharing a Mac's internet connection over Bluetooth

From: Steven Frank <stevenf_at_panic.com>
Date: Tue Sep 12 2006 - 17:25:03 EDT

On Sep 11, 2006, at 10:29 PM, Eckhart Köppen wrote:

> It is indeed a bit strange that Apple hasn't made this a simple
> option in the Network preferences. I think that might be the most
> logical way to put it.

Yeah, that is strange. For example, sharing an Ethernet connection
over AirPort is comparatively easy, and can be done entirely from the
GUI. I couldn't figure any way to get the Bluetooth serial port to
show in the list of ports that an internet connection could be shared
to.

> One thing: can you (or somebody else) put this in the Wiki?

Done!

I also forgot to mention in my original post that it assumes you also
have a working NIE installation and the NIE Serial package that has
been modified to work with Blunt.

Steven
http://panic.com/
http://stevenf.com/