Re: [NTLK] My Newton Wish List

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Sep 23 2006 - 07:21:35 EDT

~~~ On 2006/09/23 01:53, MKow1234@aol.com at MKow1234@aol.com wrote ~~~

> 4. Solar Cell Screen Cover -- Okay, I'm throwing in a bonus item for the
> suggestion box.
> What if the screen cover contained an integrated solar cell to keep the
> battery level topped off? Dude...that'd be sweet.

Wow! I love that idea. I don't know anything about this stuff but I guess
it would take a bit of fiddling to make sure it didn't over-charge in very
bright sunlight. But once it was done, it would be a great thing!

Two small niggles based probably on my ignorance of the whole thing: would
a solar cell panel be adequate protection for the screen without being
something that needs its own protection? And, what would it do to the form
factor of the Newt?

That's not meant to be critical of what I reckon is a great idea. I'm just
wondering about how it'll work.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- in appreciation of Arthur C. Clarke

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)

Fight Spam! Join EuroCAUCE: http://www.euro.cauce.org/